Friday, January 9, 2015
Rosemary tends to pair well with the herbal flavors of Merlot-based blends of Bordeaux, as well as the bright plummy fruit of Syrah. Other vegetables can be substituted as well as other meats. Makes approximately 8 skewers.
- 6-8 long sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ to 1 pound of beef for stir fry or other tender cut
- 20 small button mushrooms
- 20 small onions (pearl or alternate)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2-4 tbs olive oil salt to taste
- Strip rosemary sprigs of all leaves leaving the stalks and chop the leaves separately.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Cut beef into small chunks or strips.
- Cut onions in smaller sizes if larger than a quarter in diameter or leave whole if they are small.
- Cut peppers in stamp sized strips.
- Thread beef, mushrooms, onions and peppers in order on the skewers.
- Add garlic and 1 tsp of chopped rosemary to olive oil and use to brush on skewers.
- Grill each until brown flipping occasionally to brown all sides. Salt to taste before serving.