Friday, January 9, 2015
The hearty red wine sauce really makes this pairing sing. The intense fruit in the sauce plus the herbal character of the rosemary helps to meld the flavors.
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 bunch rosemary (reserve some for sauce)
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp garlic (reserve some for sauce)
- 1 cup Canyon Road Cabernet Sauvignon or other red wine
- 1 tbs butter
- Place rack in a broiler pan covered with chopped rosemary, garlic, sea salt and olive oil. Roast in oven at 500F for about 25 minutes then broil about 5 minutes to brown. Let meat sit for a few minutes before carving chops off rack. Meanwhile drain some of fat from the pan and scrape brown bits into the bottom of the broiler pan.
- Add 1 cup of Cabernet Sauvignon and 1 tbs of butter, wisk vigorously over high heat until the sauce thickens somewhat. Serve a light drizzle on chops or as a dipping sauce.