Saturday, January 10, 2015
The clove in this dish brings out the spicy flavors of the Zinfandel and the wine used in the recipe contributes to the flavor of these savory ribs.
- 1 pound of pork spareribs
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¾ cup Zinfandel (or other red wine)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 tsp brown sugar (2 tsp for marinade and 2 tsp for finishing sauce)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 3 tbs butter
- ½ tsp ground clove
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl or shallow pan.
- Marinate ribs 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place ribs in shallow pan with marinade and cover with aluminum foil tightly.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Decrease temperature to 350F and cook 1½ hours.
- After done take 1 cup of the marinade and heat it in a saucepan with 1 teaspoons garlic,3 tablespoons butter and 2 teaspoons brown sugar.
- Whisk at moderate heat until sauce thickens and reduces to half its volume.
- Serve ribs with this sauce ladled on top.