Friday, January 9, 2015
This recipe is easy to execute and allows to grill a cut of meat that is favored by many home cooks and professional chefs alike. You can substitute hanger steak or skirt steak for the flank steak as you wish; all of these cuts will give you great results.
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary (Substitute 1 tsp. Dried Rosemary, if fresh is not available)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 2-3 Lbs Flank Steak (substitute Skirt Steak or Hangar Steak, as desired)
- Watercress, enough for four servings
- Start by making marinade. 1/2 of a cup of Balsamic Vinegar, 1/4 of a cup of olive oil, a couple of sprigs of Rosemary and 2 cloves of garlic sliced. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In large Zyplog bag place a 2-3 lbs cut of flank steak and pour marinade, allow to sit overnight or for about 2 hours. Refrigerate.
- About an 1/2 hour before heating up the grill( this also can be done indoors with a cast iron grill over a stove top) remove meat from refrigerator and allow the meat to come to room temp. for better grilling results.
- Once grill is ready. Grill meat to your desire temp of doneness (rare, medium rare and well done). I prefer either rare or medium rare.
- Remove from grill and let meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain and serve over a simple salad of watercress, thinly sliced red onions and radish simply dress with extra virgin olive oil and few drizzles of Balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.